NYSC is a one-year scheme enacted by the Nigerian government to enable Nigerian graduates to work in different geopolitical zones of the country. However, due to the present insecurity issues in Nigeria, corps members who meet the NYSC relocation/redeployment requirements are free to redeploy.
The NYSC one-year service is for all Nigerian graduates, however, they are eligibility criteria to participate in the scheme.
These criteria include being younger or 30 years of age at graduation and graduation from an accredited institution of higher learning either locally or internationally.
NYSC relocation/Redeployment requirements
Corps members can apply for NYSC relocation/redeployment under the following circumstances
- Medical condition
Corps members who live with medical conditions which require regular medical checkups and support from family members will be granted relocation/redeployment to the nearest state from where the corps member can access medical help.
The corps member will be required to provide an authenticated medical report from a government-owned hospital.
- Security reasons
As earlier stated, Corps members who are posted to states which are prone to a crisis are at liberty to relocate/redeploy to other states on the grounds of insecurity.
- Marital reasons
This applies only to female corps members who are married. The affected corps members are expected to have uploaded the relevant documents during the NYSC online registration.
The Corps member is also expected to come around with the hard copies of these documents to the NYSC orientation camp for visualization.
Married female corps members are expected to upload the following documents
- Marriage certificate
- Evidence of a change of name, published in one national daily.
- A letter from the corps member’s husband stating clearly his state of residence and work.
- Husband’s utility bill.
- Husband’s work identity card.
application for NYSC relocation/redeployment
NYSC relocation/redeployment can be done online or physically in person. The application for NYSC redeployment or relocation can be done within the three weeks of NYSC orientation camps.
At the closure of the NYSC orientation camp, NYSC relocation/redeployment can be done online or physically at the NYSC headquarters.
Offline application for NYSC relocation/redeployment
To apply for NYSC relocation/redeployment follow the steps below:
- Collect and fill out the NYSC relocation/redeployment form from the designated NYSC official in the NYSC orientation camp.
- State your reason for wanting to redeploy/relocate in the space provided in the form and attach copies of relevant and supporting documents.
- Endeavour to attend the screening exercise for relocation/redeployment while in NYSC orientation camp which normally takes [place around the second week in camp.
Note: In addition to the above it is also very possible to relocate/redeploy directly from the NYSC head office in Abuja. However, the relocation/redeployment letter will only be available at the end of the NYSC orientation camp.
The NYSC relocation/redeployment form is usually made available to interested corps members after their first week in camp.
Online application for NYSC relocation /redeployment
Apart from the physical application for NYSC relocation /redeployment corps members can also apply online via the steps below:
- Visit the NYSC portal
- Sign in with your email and password. The same email and password you used during the NYSC online registration.
- Click/tap on relocation
- Fill in the required fields
- Wait for notification of the outcome of your application via SMS or email.
- If your relocation was approved then you proceed to the state you were redeployed/relocated to.
After NYSC redeployment/relocation approval then do the following
- Visit NYSC portal
- Log in with your email address and password
- Select manage relocation
- Make the required payment
- Print out your evidence of payment or receipt
- Print the redeployment/relocation letter and proceed to the new state of deployment.
For questions and clarifications on NYSC relocation/redeployment please use the comment section.