Are you in search of UK caregiver jobs with visa sponsorship? Caregiver Jobs in the UK are rapidly on the rise which makes it a good pathway for interested and capable foreigners to secure employment in the UK.
Caregivers are individuals who offer skilled and unskilled support/ assistance/care to a person in need of care aimed at improving their lives by attending to their specific day-to-day needs.
Caregiver Jobs in the UK are also called Care Assistant, Care Worker, Carer, Home Care Assistant, Home care, and support worker.
Caregivers generally do not specialize in any field of healthcare services, however, there are trained to provide physical and emotional support to their clients.
Table of Contents
Duties of a Caregiver
Before applying for caregiver Jobs in the UK the applicant should acquaint themselves with the duties of a caregiver. The duties of a caregiver are not limited to the following but usually include:
- Personal care to clients which includes assisting them with washing, eating, dressing, ambulation, etc.
- Assisting clients with daily activities such as shopping, cooking, house chores, etc.
- Providing companionship and emotional support to clients.
- Trained and certified caregivers can also carry out basic medical tasks such as administering prescribed medication and measuring blood pressure readings and blood glucose levels.
Caregiver Jobs in the UK Requirements
Requirements to become a caregiver/worker in the UK are as follows:
A caregiver job is not a specialized area thus no specific qualification is needed. However, many employers will require at least basic education such as GCSE or equivalent.
The caregiver/worker should be able to demonstrate that they have the necessary skill and capacity for the job.
Caregivers/workers interested in a specific area of social care may need to acquire additional training/certifications.
In addition to the above, a caregiver needs a great deal of emotional stability, good communication skills, and the ability to manage difficult situations and behaviours.
Note: Caregivers/ workers have opportunities for career progression via further training, certification, and specialization while working in the UK.
You do not need to be a healthcare professional to secure caregiver Jobs in the UK, however, nurses and other health professionals can enter the UK as care workers while processing the requirements to work in their area of specialization.
Can I apply for caregiver jobs in the UK without experience? You can apply for and secure a caregiver job in the UK without any qualifications but you will need some skills and experience. Also having some certification will increase one’s chance of getting a caregiver job in the UK.
Where can Caregivers Work
A variety of caregiver Jobs in the UK are available and include the following:
- Residential care workers. They provide institutionalized care and support for clients who live in care homes.
- Home care workers, this category of caregivers provide care and support to clients who live in their homes. Examples include taking care of the elderly in their home.
- Daycare workers are caregivers who provide care and support to people in need of care in daycare services. This usually involves caring for elderly people, people with disabilities, and children.
- Live-in caregivers live with clients in need of care and support and offer these services while living with the client. There are also caregivers who offer support and care to clients at their homes during a defined period of hours daily. This does not require the caregiver to live in.
- Nursing homes. Foreign-trained nurses who have not met the requirements to work in the UK can work as care workers in nursing homes while processing their documents.
Best Caregiver Companies to Work for in the UK
The best 11 caregiver companies to work in the UK are as follows:
- Marie Curie
- Care Plus
- Capability Scotland
- Belfast Trust
- Greensleeves care
- City Health Care Partnership
- Virgin care
- Hillcroft Home
Best Live in Caregiver Companies in the UK
Are you interested in homecare jobs in the Uk for foreigners with sponsorship, this is a list of the best live-in Caregiver companies in the UK.
- Trinity Homecare
- Hamilton George Care
- Country Cousins
- Curam Care
- Edyn Care
- Helping Hands
- The Good Care Group
- Corinium Care
- Home Instead
- Right at Home UK
- Cera Care
- Eximius support
How to get caregiver Jobs in the UK with Visa Sponsorship
The best way to secure caregiver Jobs in the UK is to apply online through any UK- Government approved organization that offers sponsorship and recruitment to foreign workers.
Some sponsorship organizations where you can apply for caregiver Jobs in the UK include the following:
Most employers will train you before you start working with them. However, acquiring care training/certification increases the chances of getting caregiver Jobs in the UK.
Requirements to migrate to the UK as a Caregiver
The following documents are required to migrate to the UK as a caregiver/worker.
- Employment letter from a UK government-approved sponsor showing the job title and annual salary.
- Certificate of sponsorship(COS) which is a document that legally permits you to work in the UK.
- Proof of your knowledge of English – IELTS score of 4.0 or degree taught in the English language.
- A valid international passport.
- Proof of relationship with first-degree relatives such as partner and or children.
- Medical fitness certificate with requested laboratory investigation results.
- A criminal record certificate (Police report). Applicants with criminal records will not likely be allowed entry into the UK.
- A UK care worker Visa is formally called a UK health and Care Visa. To apply for this visa you must have secured employment in the UK. And your employer must have applied and obtained a certificate of sponsorship(COS) which permits you to work in the UK.