Can one recover deleted files from SD card? SD cards (Secure Digital Memory Card) is a common method of increasing the storage capacity of a wide array of devices such as smartphones, digital cameras, tablets, laptops and so on.
Occasionally, files stored on an SD card or USB (Universal Serial Bus) flash drive might be lost due to inadvertent deletion of the stored files.
Even though not accessible from your storage device, these files are not permanently lost and can be recovered with an sd card recovery software.
Even though it is possible to recover deleted files from an SD card or USB flash drive, it is important to suspend the use of the sd card once a file is deleted in error to prevent the file from being overwritten, which will make it more difficult to recover deleted files from SD card.
SD card recovery online, deleted data or files on sd card or USB flash drive can be recovered via sd card recovery software or a data recovery service.
Recover files from SD card free
You can recover deleted files from sd card free or you can use a premium sd card data recovery software. Hired sd card recovery service can also help you recover your lost data, though this will come at a cost.
Hired SD card data recovery service will increase the risk of data leak, because the SD data recovery service will have access to all the files in the sd card or USB flash you submitted.
There are a number of good free sd card recovery software that one can use to recover deleted files from SD card. Find below a list of good free data sd card recovery software.
Best SD Card Recovery Software
Any of the software listed below can help recover deleted files from sd card or USB flash.
- Recuva data recovery software
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- Stellar Data Recovery software
- Disk Drill sd card recovery software
- Acronis Revive sd recovery software
- Remo Recover software
- Recoverit Data Recovery software
- PhotoRec sd recovery software
- Iobit Undelete sd recovery software
- R-studio sd card recovery software
- TestDisk sd recovery software
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery software
- iCare Data Recovery software
How to recover files from SD card or USB flash using data recovery software
- Download any free SD card data recovery software on your PC and follow the prompts to install.
- Insert your SD card in a card reader or any device that can support the use of an sd card on a PC and connect it to your PC. If the card reader supports only standard SD cards, you will need to use micro sd card adapter. For USB flash connect the flash directly to any of the USB ports on your PC.
- Double click on the data recovery software you downloaded, and follow the prompts to select the target device you want to scan. In this instance select SD card or USB flash.
- Click on scan. Select the type of scan you want to perform. Most SD data recovery software will give you an option of a deep or quick scan. For recently deleted files use quick scan, For files that are difficult to find/recover use deep scan.
- Preview and select from the recovered files the files you want to restore/recover.
- Click the restore button and select a location on your PC where the files will be stored.
Losing files from storage devices such as SD card, USB and so on are not uncommon. However the good news is that you can recover deleted files from SD card or USB flash drive.
A lot of sd recovery soft wares claim to be the best sd card recovery software, However, any of the free sd card recovery software listed above can serve depending on the characteristics of the file you want to restore such as file size, type and so on.
Read also: Ways to use WhatsApp messenger on PC