Do you want to submit articles to Bing news? Having your news articles published and displayed on Bing news will help increase your site’s popularity, authority, impressions and overall traffic.
Steps to Submit Articles to Bing News
To submit articles to Bing news please follow the steps below;
- Ensure your website and articles follow the Bing Webmaster Guidelines.
- Verify the ownership of your site via Bing Webmaster Tools. Visit the Bing webmaster tool website, then choose any of the methods of verification to verify ownership of your site. This will enable you to submit your articles to the Bing search engine for crawling and indexing.
- Submit your site to Bing News PubHub for evaluation and possible approval. After site approval, Bing News PubHub will automatically distribute your news article to Windows, Outlook, and Bing users.
The Bing News pubHub has been integrated with the Bing Webmaster tool. Thus to submit articles to Bing news launch the Bing webmaster tool, Click on Sign in on the right top border of your screen, and you will find the Bing News pubHub at the bottom of the navigation bar. Click on Bing News PubHub then fill in the required fields and submit it for approval.
Site Eligibility for Bing News PubHub
The following sites are not eligible for inclusion in the Bing news index:
- Non-news sites designed primarily to market products or services
- Sites with a primary purpose of unauthorized news or content aggregation
- Sites that do not publish with some level of frequency
- Sites publishing content that does not adhere to basic standards of grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling and word usage.
Bing News PubHub Guidelines for News Publishers
To submit articles to Bing news Bing News PubHub Guidelines stipulate that publishers uphold the best publishing practices and avoid prohibited content.
Bing News PubHub Recommended Best practices
- Accountability and transparency. Sites must identify ownership with easily accessible and verifiable contact information, including each of the following: Publisher Name, Physical address, Email address and Phone number.
- Content rights and responsibility. Sites must have legal rights to publish the content on their site and assume responsibility for the content published on their site.
- Attribution and representation
– Clear, verifiable authorship must be provided for content, including articles, photos and graphics
– Bylines must primarily use the full names of writers (no pseudonyms or posts by “Admin”)
– Sources must be provided for facts, quotes and opinions
– Headlines and link text must accurately represent the connected content
– Site content consistently reflects the stated purpose and theme of the site
– Commentary, opinion and reviews must be clearly labelled
Bing News PubHub Prohibited content
To submit articles to Bing news, Bing News PubHub prohibited content must be avoided. Bing News PubHub prohibited content includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Threatening or violent activity. We do not allow content that promotes illegal activities or is used to threaten, harass, organize violence, or support violent organizations.
- Promotion of hate. We do not allow content that condones hate or incites violence based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual preference.
- Sexually explicit content. We do not allow content that is sexually explicit or promotes illegal sexual activity.
- Submitting your site to Bing News PubHub.
Submitting your site and contents to the Bing Webmaster tool and Bing News PubHub is beneficial, as this will increase trustworthy and quality activities within the site.