Do you want to create an Instagram account? Instagram is a famous free photo and video-sharing social media/networking platform owned by the American company Meta Platforms.
Instagram creates a platform to connect with family, friends and colleagues. For business owners, it can help boost your business’s online presence, traffic, service and output.
The Instagram account can be created via the use of the Instagram app or Instagram web.
How to create an Instagram account using the app
To create an Instagram account via the Instagram app follow the steps below:
- Download the Instagram app from your device’s App Store or Google Play Store and install
- After installing the Instagram app, tap/click on the Instagram app icon to open the app.
- Select Instagram Sign up with either an Email or Phone Number for Android devices or Tap on Create New Account for iPhone devices.
- Enter your email address or phone number and tap next. A confirmation code will be sent to you, enter the code in the box provided. Alternatively, you can tap log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you registered with your email or phone number, create a username and password, and complete your Instagram profile information and tap next. if you registered with Facebook, you will be prompted to log in to your Facebook account if you are logged out.
How to create an Instagram account via Instagram web
To create an Instagram account online follow the steps below:
- Visit Instagram.com via your device browser (mobile device or computer/laptop)
- Click on Instagram Sign up and enter your email address
- Create a username and password or click on login with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you used email, Click on Sign up. If you used Facebook, you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you logged out.
After creating a new Instagram account, you can edit your profile, upload a profile picture, start sharing photos/videos and also follow other Instagram users.
Add or convert your Instagram account to a business account
If you want to create an Instagram account for your brand/business you must create a personal Instagram account first, then you can convert the personal account into a business account or add a new business Instagram account.
Instagram professional accounts have access to analytic tools, advertising, enhanced inboxes, contact buttons, and monetization tools.
To create a professional Instagram account follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Instagram account
- Tap on the profile icon: The profile icon is your profile photo or the outline of a person’s head and shoulder.
- Tap the three-line menu, usually located at the top right corner of your Instagram profile page.
- Tap on settings, then tap on Account.
- From the options provided, switch to a professional account or Add a new one. If you selected the Add a new professional account option, then you easily switch between your personal Instagram account and your professional Instagram account by double-clicking on your profile icon
- Tap on Continue to proceed. Follow the onscreen prompts to set the business account category, edit contact details and also connect to a Facebook page.
Note that if you intend to run ads or sell products on Instagram, you need to link your Facebook page to your Instagram business account.
Read also: How to open a Facebook account